VTTI Data Warehouse: Crash/near Crash Events And Baseline Epochs Relation - VTTI Data Warehouse

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crash/near Crash Events And Baseline Epochs Relation EXTREME IMPORTANT

#1 User is offline   shailja 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

I want to find drivers demographics, vehicle information, weather, road condition for the crash and near crash data published for 100 car data. All I can find is, there is a reduced video data which contains detail of demographics, weather, road for baseline epochs. Baseline epochs which I understand are the events post trigger and prior trigger for few seconds. Are these triggers captured in crash/near crash events ?
I do not find any attribute which I can cross reference in the crash/near crash data and reduced video baseline data.

If there is any way I can achieve a relationship between them please share. If not, how can I find the details of demographics, weather, road condition for crash/near crash events. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 User is offline   VTTI_data_admin 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:20 AM

View Postshailja, on 30 March 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

I want to find drivers demographics, vehicle information, weather, road condition for the crash and near crash data published for 100 car data. All I can find is, there is a reduced video data which contains detail of demographics, weather, road for baseline epochs. Baseline epochs which I understand are the events post trigger and prior trigger for few seconds. Are these triggers captured in crash/near crash events ?
I do not find any attribute which I can cross reference in the crash/near crash data and reduced video baseline data.

If there is any way I can achieve a relationship between them please share. If not, how can I find the details of demographics, weather, road condition for crash/near crash events. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Driver demographics (age and gender), weather and road conditions for the crash and near crash events are contained in the "Event Video Reduced Data" data set. This data set can be found on the 2nd page of available 100-car data. Please refer to the associated data dictionary for details. Vehicle information can be found in the "100 Car Vehicle Information and Data Dictionary" file. The vehicle data can be linked to crash and near crash events with the vehicle webid variable.

#3 User is offline   shailja 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

View PostVTTI_data_admin, on 31 March 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

Driver demographics (age and gender), weather and road conditions for the crash and near crash events are contained in the "Event Video Reduced Data" data set. This data set can be found on the 2nd page of available 100-car data. Please refer to the associated data dictionary for details. Vehicle information can be found in the "100 Car Vehicle Information and Data Dictionary" file. The vehicle data can be linked to crash and near crash events with the vehicle webid variable.

Thank you, that was very helpful.
Lets say I want to use baseline data, how can I relate baseline video reduced data with events ?

#4 User is offline   VTTI_data_admin 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

View Postshailja, on 31 March 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

Thank you, that was very helpful.
Lets say I want to use baseline data, how can I relate baseline video reduced data with events ?

Baseline data can be linked with event data through either subject_webid or vehicle_webid. Often there will be a one-to-one correspondence between subject_webid and vehicle_webid, although there were cases in which a participant drove more than one study vehicle or more than one participant was observed in a study vehicle. Please note that subject_webid was only provided in this data set for primary participants.

To place baseline epochs in temporal proximity to events the time stamp data set can be linked to events and baseline epochs with webfileid.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users