VTTI Data Warehouse: Where Could I Find The 'incident' Data - VTTI Data Warehouse

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where Could I Find The 'incident' Data

#1 User is offline   shaimaahijazi 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

Hello,

I am a Master's student in the American university in Cairo, currently working on my thesis. I am interested in studying dangerous/aggressive driver behavior that could lead to crashes, and the 100-Car database seems good for my purpose, however I wanted to get clarifications regarding the 'incident' data. According to 'The 100-Car Naturalistic Driving Study Phase II - Results of the 100-Car Field Experiment' report, the event database should contain crashes, near crashes and other "incidents", however, I cannot find the other incidents data. I would be thankful to know from where should I get it.

Thanks,
Shaimaa

#2 User is offline   VTTI_data_admin 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:29 AM

View Postshaimaahijazi, on 31 August 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

Hello,

I am a Master's student in the American university in Cairo, currently working on my thesis. I am interested in studying dangerous/aggressive driver behavior that could lead to crashes, and the 100-Car database seems good for my purpose, however I wanted to get clarifications regarding the 'incident' data. According to 'The 100-Car Naturalistic Driving Study Phase II - Results of the 100-Car Field Experiment' report, the event database should contain crashes, near crashes and other "incidents", however, I cannot find the other incidents data. I would be thankful to know from where should I get it.

Thanks,
Shaimaa

Thank you for your interest in 100-Car data and for your question. Only crash and near crash events were included in the publicly released 100-Car data. There are approximately 8,000 critical incidents identified in 100-Car data and funding does not exist to prepare this data for public release. If you need additional events for your analysis you might consider looking at the SHRP2 InSight website. Thanks.

#3 User is offline   shaimaahijazi 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:39 AM

View PostVTTI_data_admin, on 01 September 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

Thank you for your interest in 100-Car data and for your question. Only crash and near crash events were included in the publicly released 100-Car data. There are approximately 8,000 critical incidents identified in 100-Car data and funding does not exist to prepare this data for public release. If you need additional events for your analysis you might consider looking at the SHRP2 InSight website. Thanks.

Interesting to know that. Thanks a lot for your reply and the additional information.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users