VTTI Data Warehouse: How To Link Event Video Reduced Data To Event Time Series - VTTI Data Warehouse

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Link Event Video Reduced Data To Event Time Series

#1 User is offline   shaimaahijazi 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

Hello,

I am a master's student working on the 100-Car data for my thesis. I would like to kindly know how to know the time in the event time series data at which the incident described in the video reduced data occurred. How should I know that?

Regards,
Shaimaa

#2 User is offline   VTTI_data_admin 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:42 AM

View Postshaimaahijazi, on 30 September 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

Hello,

I am a master's student working on the 100-Car data for my thesis. I would like to kindly know how to know the time in the event time series data at which the incident described in the video reduced data occurred. How should I know that?

Regards,
Shaimaa

Hi-

The time field in the time series data is a measure of the amount of time, in seconds, from initialization of the data acquisition system for a given trip file. The sync field, which is an identifier for each row of data in a time series file, should be used to link time series data with event reduced data. That is, the event start and event end values in the video reduced data are in terms of syncs. Please note that in the time series data there generally will be some rows of data prior to the event start value and after the event end value in order to provide some context for the event. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks.

#3 User is offline   shaimaahijazi 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

View PostVTTI_data_admin, on 03 October 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Hi-

The time field in the time series data is a measure of the amount of time, in seconds, from initialization of the data acquisition system for a given trip file. The sync field, which is an identifier for each row of data in a time series file, should be used to link time series data with event reduced data. That is, the event start and event end values in the video reduced data are in terms of syncs. Please note that in the time series data there generally will be some rows of data prior to the event start value and after the event end value in order to provide some context for the event. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thanks.

This is perfect, I am very thankful for the detailed explanation. Yes, I am actually very interested in those rows prior to the event start, in order to study the driver behavior before the incident.

Many thanks,
Shaimaa

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users